Monday, January 7, 2008

Gluten Free Thoughts

About two and a half years ago, my sister was struggling to live. Her tall, anorexic-looking body was loosing it's fight. She was told by a chiropractic/nutritionist to go gluten free (GF). She was not diagnosed with Celiac disease but he said she had the signs of severe intolerance. After alot of research and trial and error, she ate herself back to wellness. It's an amazing story. A year ago, I was so inspired by her success, we decided to eat in this manner also and it works for us!

I went to a "GF" convention with her tonight. That might sound really boring, but I was pleasantly surprised. Price Chopper is "committed to serving the needs of those with food challenges", or something to that effect. A local GF chef demonstrated making bread which was really good! I bought her cookbook and can't wait to make some of the yummy things it offers. There were many vendors there giving away free food samples. I brought back a bag of stuff - cookies, bread mix, snack bars, noodles, chips - all gluten free. Life is tasty, even if you go GF!

"But the father said to his servants, Bring forth quickly the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: and bring the fatted calf, [and] kill it, and let us eat, and make merry: for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found..." Luke 15:22-24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I could have kept reading and found the answer! My mom has confirmed Celiac, my aunt eats GF but has never been diagnosed. I have been having some issues and my endoscopy is Feb 6th so I will know one way or another! I have been eating GF but I have to keep it in my system for the endoscopy so it's hard to tell whether it's working or not. I'll have to snag some of your recipes from that book!