Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Happy Sampler

I love samplers. The second quilt I ever made was one that I named My Calendar Quilt.

 
And so was the one I did a couple years ago. All the blocks I was making were set on point to become an interesting bed topper.
 

The happy sampler I am talking about today is a collection of FMQ practice stitches. I didn't really intend to have it be something but I really like the way it looks so its getting binding and can live happily on a wall or tabletop while bringing smiles to those who see it. 
It's pinned with double fold binding. What do you think of the red? 

Do you make samplers? What do you like about them? Share the link to your blog post or photo site so we can enjoy your samplers too! Thanks for stopping by ThistleFire. I hope you have an inspired day!

1 comment:

Ivory Spring said...

Love that first sampler quilt.