Monday, August 24, 2009

Excellent music

I stumbled across a wonderful album recently. The band's name is "Gateway Worship" and they only have two albums so far. They are from a church in Texas (Dallas area, I think) and their music is so, so good.

There are a few things I appreciate about this group. Here are some of my impressions after listening to them for a couple of weeks.

One: The fact that they are making songs that have to do with the way things are in Heaven. Aren't we taught to pray for things to be on earth as it is in Heaven? Why not sing about it?

Two: There are multiple song leaders in the group. No one person is the top-dog, end-all, be-all singer. I have not heard all their recordings, but have heard three people leading songs so far. All with passion and humility.

Three: The people who are in this band are desiring to dwell in God's presence. I don't see them restricted by time. There is worship! And Jesus shows up.

When was the last time you saw a video or listened to a recording and could feel an anointing to the point of speaking life into you and bringing you to tears? This music does that for me. The words, the notes, the riffs, the essence, everything leads you to taste and see how good God is. Here's a couple that I especially love...

"You are Good" by Gateway Worship

"Heaven's Song" by Gateway Worship

What is on your ipod? Who's music takes you away?

No comments: