Sunday, July 31, 2016

Embroidery Experiments

The final machine that needed setting up was my embroidery machine. It was boxed up last summer and waited around for my attention to come back to it, which it did this weekend!

This is the Singer Futura XL400 hooked up to my old laptop that has the stitch designs in it.
The XL400 attaches to the computer with a USB cable. This set up saved me thousands when it was machine buying time. I found it on sale and decided to go for it. The box was so big, I couldn't get it in my car. I had to take it out and slit the box corners so it would fold down lower!


It has been a while since I did any machine embroidery, so I warmed up with this pretty rose design. 
Yellow roses are my favorite! I'll save this for something!

The green summer shirt I made last month needed a little flair. 
I put a pretty, curly flourish on the back.

I chose tone on tone colors so it would be subtle. 

Next, on the front I stitched down a flower blossom. 
This was part of a design that came with the program for the XL400.

More subtlety on the left shoulder area.
I used a thin, water soluble stabilizer behind the fabric.
It's a little wrinkly but pressing may help it flatten out.

And last, a bigger floral spray design for the front.
For this one, I used another water soluble stabilizer that was heavier.
No wrinkles here!

I chose to place this larger design by the waist where there was more space for it.


Aside from placement tweaks, I am happy with the results! I'll have to wear my newly decorated top on the next hot day this week!

Any embroidery fans out there! What machine do you have?

No comments: