Sunday, June 10, 2018

Cleaning Experiment - Dried on Adhesive Goo

Sticky residue is a pain to remove on a good day. Forget it when you try to get it off after it's been dried on for months or even years! Sandpaper would do the trick but it's not always, or almost never, the answer because of the damage it does to surfaces.

Here's my window under my AC unit. That black stuff is adhesive left behind from plastic coverings from several winters of two sided tape that held it on the frame. 


Yeah, not a good look for under there.

I posted on my Facebook page about the Thieves cleaners that I mixed for all sorts of cleaning jobs. I figured it would need the highest concentrate! I dipped my paper towel in it and started wiping.

You can see the clean shine on the surface but overall it didn't remove much of the goo.

The next oil weapon of choice is Lemon. I have heard great things about using it for dried-on goo removal so I put a few drops on my cloth and started wiping. The cloth got dirty pretty quick so I put a couple more drops on a clean spot and wiped some more, this time with the help of my thumb nail.
So much better! When the AC until comes out, I'll do the full cleaning of this sill and know that they are really clean and toxin free!

If you want to get these amazing products, get in touch with me and I'll help you with that!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe try dipping a soft bristle toothbrush in your solution.