Thursday, March 5, 2009

Simple Pleasures -pt 3

One of the things I decided to do on a regular basis is wash my face. I know, it probably sounds like a given, or an exaggeration. How can this be a pleasure? It is more of a chore than something to look forward to....

When you look at your face in the mirror in the morning, you see what your body has done all night long in order to rejeuvenate your skin. We loose the most amount of skin cells in our sleep. The face needs a good cleaning after all that! And most of us ladies will spend time putting makeup on before we head out for the day. If the face is already dirty and gets covered over with cremes and powders, it will break out. At night, it is time to take all that gunky makeup off, in order to help the third shift be able to do it's job! And to soak a washcloth in hot water and hold it up against the skin, feeling the tingles going down the neck, breathing in the steamy warmth and getting the day's dirt away.... it is a good feeling. It's like starting anew.

You see several different companies represented in my picutre. That's what I have in my cabinets right now. I have to say, they are making my skin feel so soft and wonderful. It is a pleasure to take the mere 3 or 4 minutes in the morning and at night to help refresh the part of me that people look at the most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have motivated me - I washed my face again last night...starting to see it as something I enjoy instead of a chore! Hopefully I'll keep it up!

Pamelyn said...

I know - me too! It is a few minutes of work but feels so great for hours!