Friday, July 20, 2012

An amazing machine

I haven't ever seen one and have only known a couple of people who have used one. What is it? The long arm quilting machine. I have heard about how unattainable they are or how it is difficult to find the room to have one set up in your home. So I didn't think it would ever happen for me.

Not long ago, I had the opportunity to get one. And it was local. And the owner would deliver it. And she said I could contact her if I ever needed help with it. How could I say no to that? I couldn't, so the other day, the prior owner backed her truck into my driveway and we unloaded it.



The pieces sat in my garage and I pondered where to set it up. The wooden legs waiting to hold the unit upright again. The pattern panels out of storage and ready to decorate another quilt.


The cast aluminum machine all oiled and adjusted to sew again. It was a shame to leave this piece of equipment set aside in a corner of a room with no purpose. The excitement of knowing it would be used again brought joy to us both. My sister told me she would help me set it up.


And a few days later, we did! It is an incredible thing to see in my garage. Good bye, car! Hello, piquer! (that means quilter) I cannot use it yet since it was missing the stability cross pieces, which I will be getting this weekend. Regardless, it is so great to see it ready to go. I can't wait to try it out!

No comments: