Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear Beloved one...

Did you ever get those e-mails where someone from a far away place tells you that if you can help them release eight hundred million pounds, they will share it with you? Come on, honestly! Those spams are getting REALLY old. And why are you calling me a beloved one? Is it because you have no idea what my name is? And if you are some hot shot banking professional in London, why in the world do you think I can be of any assistance to you? They are crazy bits of bait, aren't they?

I am wondering how similiar those spams are with our prayers. Hey God, I got this really incredible thing in mind, but I can't pull it off unless you pull some strings for me. I will call you by the cookie cutter name that everyone else calls you, if you don't mind. Hey, I'll even share my good fortunes with you if you come through. He's not impressed with any of that. God isn't a genie in a bottle. His Word never promised instant blessing or an easy path.

He did say that He would be with us always, and that His word would give us wisdom and understanding to get through this life. Sometimes it doesn't take much wisdom to figure out what is true and what is bait.

No comments: