Monday, November 17, 2008

Consistency

There is one thing that I have noticed over the years with Sparkie. He is a puppy of routine. Here's what I mean.
- As soon as he is let out of his crate in the morning, it's time to go outside
- Shortly after that, it's time for breakfast
- If the keys are jingling and we are leaving the house and he wasn't invited to go, it's time to go back in his crate
- If he is outside and comes as soon as I call for him, it's time for a treat
- When he arrives at "grandma's house", it's time for her to give him cheese
- As I stand in the kitchen to iron dress clothes, it's time to chew on rawhide
- When a sweater is put on, it's time to go outside or even better, for a car ride
- When people eat, it's time to sit and watch
- When dinner is over, it is time to jump all over the cats and play with toys
- When the tv is shut off for the night, it's time to go outside
- After that, it's time to go back in his crate
- While in the crate, it's time to get a bedtime snack

There are more acts of consistency he has but I can't think of them right now. He is so fun to have around but sometimes I don't want to have to be so consistent. I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids!

No comments: