Sunday, November 16, 2008

Turkey deal


I needed to stop a Hannaford today and saw they have a really good selection of turkeys for $.49 a pound. You are probably thinking, "Are you kidding me?" and to that I have to answer, "No, I never kid about something as good as this."

Every year, since Vince and I have been together, we have Thanksgiving with his parents. My MIL doesn't ask for many visits, but she does ask for this one. So we go there, eat until we are about to drop, and then come home to no leftovers. A house without the lucious aromas of turkey and stuffing, no pumpkin pie to have for breakfast the next morning, not a dripping that can be made into gravy. That is just not Thanksgiving goodness. So, every year on the weekend after Thanksgiving, I do the whole she-bang for the two of us. Needless to say, I really prefer a smaller sized bird and was able to find a 14-pounder today! I picked out my Thanksgiving turkey and paid a whopping $7.19. I still can't believe turkey day is only a week and a half away!

Go to Shop 'N Save...er, I mean Hannaford, and get yours before they are gone. The sale price is on until the 27th. Or did you get your bird already?

1 comment:

Liz said...

Mom saw that it was 49 cents too! she got a turkey the other day for 57 cents! luckily that turkey wasnt for us but for dave's school's thanksgiving lunch!