Monday, December 29, 2008

Psalm 63


O God, You are my God; earnestly will I seek You: My soul thirsts for You, my flesh longs for You, in a dry and weary land, where no water is. 2 So have I looked upon You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and glory.

3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. 4 So will I bless You while I live: I will lift up my hands in Your name. 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with good food; and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips; 6 when I remember You upon my bed, and meditate on You in the night-watches.

7 For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice. 8 My soul follows hard after You: Your right hand upholds me. 9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth. 10 They shall be given over to the power of the sword: They shall be a portion for foxes. 11 But the king shall rejoice in God: Every one that swears by him shall glory; the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

No comments: