Friday, August 22, 2014

AQS Quilt Show Wants My Quilt!

Last year, I finished this blue paper pieced quilt. 

For the fun of it, I sent photos to AQS to see if it could be in their Chattanooga show. They said no. 

But then they said they'd like to display it at their show in Des Moines, Iowa on October 1st-4th! It will be part of the juried special exhibit for show only, not for judging or placement in the competition. That's good, knowing how the quilts in those shows look, I'd probable come in last place! Lol

I had to fill out a form and send it back to them. A second copy will go in the box when I ship it. 

And I had to add a hanging sleeve on the back. First time I had to do that!

They want it in the Paducah, Kentucky offices before September 13th so it can get sent to Iowa. It will get boxed and mailed next week. After the show, they'll ship it back to me. 

Wow! I'm so honored to be a part of this show! I still can't believe it! If you go to the Des Moines show, I'd love to see pics!


1 comment:

cherylann9 said...

Wow how exiting. �� your quilt is lovely, well done.