Friday, March 4, 2016

Twirling Fans, Part 3

Borders!

There are two borders to add to the center. One row of sawtooth border... I chose white fabric and colored fabrics used in the fans tips.

I cut them into simple half square triangles 


and trimmed them to all match in size. 
There are a few lighter shades and mostly medium to darker shades of colors for this border.

They were sewn together in the sawtooth strips that would fit each side. 

And added with white corner blocks.

In the original quilt I saw at  colorgirlquilts.com, there was one large border made from the various fabrics used in the fans. 

But I chose to not go with that idea and just went with a purple fabric that had ferns in it. 
I'm happy with that choice!

It may seem like it but it's not over with this quilt yet. It still needs to be quilted! There will be more to come on that!


No comments: