Thursday, August 28, 2008

CFL light bulbs


Do you use the energy saving CFL bulbs? You know, the ones that look like a miniature flourescent bulb that has been turned like a twist ice cream cone?

I am thinking about buying some. Consumer Reports verifies they save money and that they really do burn for a really long time. Apparenty Walmart's Great Value brand came out with their generic version. Maybe.......... I also read that you can recycle them at Home Depot, Ace Hardware and True Value stores. Hmm.........

What do you think of them?

3 comments:

Laura said...

We use some in a couple of our lamps. I like them for the most part. They don't seem as bright as a regular light bulb...or it could be because they are only 40 watt....they also take a couple extra seconds to be on and to it's max brightness.

Anonymous said...

I do like them BUT sometimes they give too much of a flourescent light off. Someone told me that they've improved them recently though. Maybe I'll have to give them another chance!

Pamelyn's Postings said...

Maybe I'll start with one box and not rebulb my entire house! Thanks for the info, ladies.