Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Shrimp yumminess

I usually don't watch any cooks on Food Network, except my culinary hero, the incredible Alton Brown. Yesterday I made an exception. I watched Giada's show. You know, that Italian beauty who has the biggest, whitest smile and wears the transparent pink nail polish... The lady I skip past because she is NOT gluten-free friendly since a meal isn't a meal unless there is bread or pasta included in it. Anyways, I caught her show and she made a shrimp dinner that I just had to try. (I modified it to make a GF version, of course.) You have to try it too because it is really, really good.

Here is how to make what I have named Shrimp Yumminess

Boil water and make the pasta of choice. I used Tinkyada ziti, she used linguini. Heat a skillet, add olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and salt. Bring to a sweat.
Add one bag of frozen, raw shrimp, fresh ground pepper, the zest and juice of a lemon, fresh chopped parsley, and a small amount of chicken broth. Cook until shrimp are pink.
Add coarsely chopped arugula (I added broccoli florets - who has arugula in their fridge???...except Nick and Laura.)
Add the cooked pasta and mix with tongs. Top with grated parmesean cheese.

Oh! That was one of the best dinners I've experimentally made in a long time! Let me know if you make it - you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

Laura said...

huh? Arugula? What's that? =) See you Monday at around 4!