Friday, June 6, 2008

Soda analysis

I made two bottles of soda a couple of weeks ago. One of them was creme and the other was root beer. Here's what I thought of them.

The creme soda did not have enough of a vanilla flavor. The color wasn't as appealing either. It tasted ok but it wasn't quite there. After the bottle was opened, I added some more vanilla to deepen the taste, which worked, but it wasn't a soda that I would want to continue to make.

The root beer, on the other hand, tasted exactly right! It was very flavorful and the color was nice and dark, just as it should be. I will be making more of this stuff...and next time I will be pouring it over a glass of vanilla ice cream!

My four volunteer taste testers agreed with me.

I have one more soda recipe to try. It makes a blueberry syrup that you mix with seltzer water; kind of like what they did in the old soda jerk days. I'll let you know when (or if) I make a batch of that.

1 comment:

John said...

Nice! I have always wanted to try yand make soda, but it's one of those things that doesn't cross my mind to often. Sometime I'll try and whip up some ginger ale.