Vince and I are about to fall off the face of the earth for 9 days.
That is a good thing - since it means that we are going to be on vacation!
Our take on a good vacation is:
- sleep until we're ready to get up
- stay up until we're ready to sleep
- take every key off of our keyring except the ones for our house and car
- make no appointments and keep no schedules
- make a list of things that would be fun to do but not have to complete them
- get lots of restaurant food so we don't have to cook or grocery shop too much
- turn off the phones and computers (except to see restaurant menus and call in for dinner orders)
- create anything: crafts, music, art, etc.
- enjoy being free of the routine of regular life
Our take on a good vacation is NOT:
- getting on a plane to go somewhere
- making and keeping a schedule of any capacity
- getting back from a far-away trip and having to catch up on everything that was not tended to while you were away
- doing what the travel people say we have to do
- saying that you need a vacation after you get back from your vacation
I know that most would disagree with our take on what makes up a good vacation. It works for us, though. One more alarm clock to go and as of 5 p.m. tomorrow, we will fall off the face of the earth for 9 days. I have to say that I am really looking forward to it.