Friday, January 4, 2013

FMQ And A Mini

This week was a pleasurable sew-for-me week!

I did some FMQ doodling. I grabbed a small piece of prequilted material, and as a child puts down crayon to a new sheet of paper, I put down thread to fabric. Whatever came to mind or was seen in a book is what I tried to stitch. Whether it was good (like the flower in the center) or not (like the rosebud that came out looking more like the maneating-flower in Little Shop of Horrors than the budding flower of love) didn't matter, this was all about letting go and doodling. It was fun too!





A few weeks ago, I spotted a mini quilt in an old quilting magazine that my mom gave me and thought it was way too cute to not make. This is a 12" square and will be bound with a very dark blue single fold binding. Hope to finish it this up with the FMQ real soon, maybe by next weekend!



My big FMQ experiment was the December challenge on sew cal gal's site. The instructions and video were so good I figured, "why not?" and gave it my best shot. Needless to say, I am very pleased with this piece!



All in all, the playing around I did this week is quite satisfying. Next up, I have three projects to do for other people so my little break is over. But that's ok, it's all good! 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great job on the tutorial from the challenge. Wonderful variety of stitches you used.