Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Double Delight - Close Ups

The sun finally came out from behind the clouds today! And quilts look amazing in the sun! Take a peek.

The front, or at least most of the half of the front...

There are more than 2,400 pieces of cut fabric in this top! All of the binding was stitched on by hand, fully hidden from the front and the back, in my mock binding method. The light strip of the binding is intentional so you can always tell which edge is the top. It's done on all of my quilts.

The back! The quilting was done entirely free-hand, by me, on a Nolting long arm quilting machine.


These two pictures were taken inside to see the quilting on the back even more closely.


 
I love the way this quilt looks, but I cannot keep every one that I make. I have decided to let 'er go to a new home.
Since some of the material has been in animal hair environments and there are some imperfections in the quilting from my tension troubles, I am offering it as an "as-is second" and have priced it at $649. I can make 2 shams to match it for an additional $99. If you are interested in getting this beauty into your home, please go to my ThistleFire shop on Etsy to get your order in. I hope it is what you are looking for!

No comments: