Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mini Sleeves

This has nothing to do with clothing. We trekked down to the Apple store today to look at covers for our iPad Minis.

You see, the basic cover, like what we have, protects the face but not the back. So when you put it down, you look for the least abrasive place to lay it. Hmmm. Maybe we should get the cover for the back.

After looking at the "back" piece's price, we decided to pass. What to do, what to do.... I iknow! I have the tools to make a sleeve! Out came the stash, the serger, and the cutting tools and I got to work.

Here's the one I did for the hubs. He likes dark colors. My dark fabric wasn't wide enough, so the light grey top was the solution for that problem. I think it works!

When you pull out the mini, you instantly have a soft place to put it down on. It's safe for travel and for scratch control.

Mine had to be pretty. I just love this material so I grabbed it again for my case. And it's reversible!

So, we saved a bunch of money today, thanks to my fabric stash and my sewing machines. The cool thing is, I can make a custom one whenever I want a change. 

Do you want one for your iPad, iPad Mini, or another portable device? Let me know! I can help you!

No comments: