Saturday, May 11, 2013

An Amazing Morning

I was waiting for this day to come. It was on her calendar. She read my question about it on quilt cam and she said it was true. The quilting rock starlet was in Moreau today and I went to see her.

Do you recognize this person?


That's right! It's the one and only Bonnie Hunter! She was lively, inspiring, encouraging, funny, and more. What a great meeting! And the quilts I saw were just incredible. Here are a few of them.

I liked the multi colored border on this one.

This was almost 3-D; like looking through a window pane.

Teeny hexies all sewn together. She said it took years but a little time here and there will get you far.


She was nice enough to let me get a picture with her before I went home!

We kinda got the same hair! Yay Bonnie and Pamelyn! 
 
Almost a year ago, we made a mystery pattern at SSQC that I turned into a bed runner. I was intrigued! So I looked for more mystery patterns and stumbled across Quiltville.com (Bonnie's website) while searching online. After three of Bonnie's quilt patterns were done (two Orange Crush and one Double Delight) I decided to write my own mystery quilt pattern, Ringing In The New Year.

I was thrilled to get to see her in person sharing her passion with a room full of quilters. Quilting is an amazing thing. It brings people together. It creates a bond that is unique. It causes others to want to do better with their skills. It's something to share. So this morning, on lots of levels and for lots of different reasons, was amazing.

No comments: