Friday, September 14, 2012

Mystery Project #2 - Part 2

The Orange Crush Mystery Quilt from quiltville.com is moving along! I have finished the next section of squares! The project called for 98 "split four patches" that were all made with scrappy, unmatched colors. That's my favorite way of choosing colors! This step took about

The handy 2" strips were part of the patch. I needed 196 of them. When you can cut 4 or 5 at a time, it goes quick. Really, it does!


And there needed to be 98 larger triangles. Sometimes these are referred to as flying geese.


Then I had to get 98 2"x2" squares cut from dark colors. The orange isn't exactly dark but I liked it so I cut some of it.


You set them together this way. Then pin - pin - pin.... sew - sew - sew..... iron - iron - iron....


And you wind up with 98 of these babies! All ready for the final result, whatever it is! Are you as curious as I am? I can't wait to see when the full mystery reveals itself!


So now I can go on to part 3. Hooray! Catch up with you after that part gets done!

No comments: