Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hot September

The summer might be technically over, but it is going to be a HOT month! The temperatures are summer like, the Stampin' Up class is going to be amazing, there are fabulous people in my life who I will be celebrating their birthday with. Hot stuff!

Labor day (and I still can't figure out why it's called that since there are so many who work on that holiday) is over, the Schaghticoke Fair has closed up for another year, we can't figure out how to get a Tilt A Whirl (since they are going for a cool $350,000) to keep that fair-feeling in our yard. At least Sparkie has not found any ticks or face worms this year, although he has been known to have a flea from time to time. My honey has the worst allergies right now than I've seen in a long time. Can you say "face mask"?

Regardless of all that, I still love the month of September. There's something clean and fresh about it. A time to get back into routine. A time to focus on the last few months of the year. A time to embrace the cool nights and start to prepare for the winter. Good bye summer - hello hot September.

No comments: