Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dilemma and Solution

When you're faced with a dilemma, find the solution! Even if you have to do it yourself.

If you'd like to see a video about everything in this post, please visit my Facebook page, Pamelyn's Postings.

My dilemma was: I wanted a straight, yellow skirt for the summer, but no store had one that I liked.
My solution: Make it myself! Here's the pattern and fabric I chose. Coincidentally, the yellow one on the pattern was the one I wanted to make. Want to make the easiest one? Yes please!

I took my time with it. On one evening, I did all the cutting. One evening, I did the shell assembly. The final evening, I did the zipper, the waist's yoke insertion, and the hemming.
 
I liked that it had darts across the top. Makes it look very neat.

This is the first zipper I have inserted in a garment in a long time. I think it came out nicely.

Instead of stressing over a hem, I decided to put Sergio Fabrico to work! I like the casual look of the rolled hem for this summer skirt.


Here it is! Now I can put together that outfit that I have envisioned! It's what to wear tomorrow!

Are you a garment maker? Please share your link here or on my Facebook page, Pamelyn's Postings.

No comments: