Thursday, August 8, 2013

Winding Ways Block

Craftsy has inspired me again. Here is another example of what you get from the Playing With Curves class by Anne Petersen - Winding Ways block. 

I had this fabric in my stash for a small blanket or throw. 

Isn't it a great combination? Turquoise and brown looks so great together!

The Winding Ways pattern was offered in Anne's class and I really liked the way it looked. This fabric was my top choice. 

There are three pieces needed in each block. You alternate where to place the lights and darks.
They remind me of a slice of pie, a "T", and a Star Trek communicator badge. 

But when you place them down as the pattern instructs, you get something that looks like this. 
These aren't sewn together yet but you can already start to see circles forming within the bigger design. I love that effect!

Here it is with almost all of the pieces used. It's a real eye-catcher!

At this point, I have cut enough for 18 blocks. I think I have enough fabric to make 24-25 and that would make a decent sized lap quilt. Or it could make a very nice tablecloth. Or I could leave it just like this. Oh the possibilities!

Have you made the Winding Ways block? Learn more at Craftsy if you need the pattern and lessons on how to make this block. I hope you give it a try!



No comments: