Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quilt Challenge - Quilting Design

The next step for this gorgeous quilt is to do the quilting. Woo hoo!

In order to get the top and back to line up correctly, I hung them up and pinned them together along th top edge. Then both pieces were set on the long arm roller and pinned in place. I carefully set the batting down between the layers and repinned it with the batting one pin at a time. The backing was rolled onto its roller bar and stretched just enough to keep it firmly in place. I like to "float" my top.

Here's what it looks like on the long arm. 

Going through my thread, I didn't have that "just right" color so off to the store I go! This thread will make gorgeous stitches on the dark blue. 

Now I'm set to quilt! More to come on that!

No comments: