Friday, September 27, 2013

Wrap Up - September 27 '13

Hello and welcome from ThistleFire! So glad you decided to stop by. I'm linked with Leah's site, as usual. I would love to hear your thoughts about my week in fabric.

BKF Throw - This hot mess is finally looking like a quilt! Next, I will add the back, quilt it, and add a dark blue binding binding! I was so excited to find the border fabric. It was exactly what I wanted.


FMQ - Sometimes playing around with practice pieces can develop into something useful. That was the case with my FMQ'ing. I thought I'd play around with having the fabric tell me what it was that it wanted FMQ'd onto it. My material was wild! It has fish on it... and crazy patterns. So I let the FMQ be crazy!




Now the practice panels are eyeglass cases! They will be on my craft show table on October 5th.

OPP - The biggest project that was worked on this week was the challenge quilt. It was coming together nicely and the longarm quilting progressed very nicely. After finishing up the edges, I was able to hand it back over to the owner today. She was absolutely delighted with the results.

The dark blue areas had the big loopy line meandering pattern in a variegated thread.

The star blocks all had outlining in the star and loopy diamonds in the corners.

So, that's about it. I think that's a pretty good week! What's under your needle?

No comments: