Friday, September 13, 2013

Wrap Up - September 13 '13

SSQC - I have three preparatory assignments to finish before Saturday morning's Club meeting. I have two of them done. The Round Robin block is all set.

The optional project that needs a center panel with straight edges is no longer circular and is all set. See more info about this block on my Craftsy profile


The last thing I have to do is cut some strips for a mystery project. Fun!


Winding Ways Throw / FMQ - This project is DONE! Can you believe it? Woo hoo!

The quilting was added by long arm and table top machines. Any circle or melon template work was done on the long arm but the stars on the outer border were all done on the good ol' portable Brother. I did a lot of quilt turning so I was always moving the fabric away from me to ensure the straightest lines I could make. Love it!

My hubby suggested making these curved corners. 

It came out great and it's looking for a home. Its in my Etsy shop so if you want it, let me know and we'll get it to you! If you mention you found it through my blog, I'll waive the shipping charge for you. Oh yeah!

Apple Core Sunset - The sky is not falling, it is all sewn together! This will represent the colors in the sunsetting sky. 

I am still not 100% sure that I will like this project when I am done. It really is an experiment and I am as curious to see what happens with it as you are!

Blue Kaliedescope Flowers - BKF did not get attention this week (again) since I had to complete my SSQC work, which took longer than I expected. It waits for me. 

I love seeing it brightening up the room though. So pretty!

News - ThistleFire has a new member! A Viking Tribute 140C Anniversary Limited Edition Sewing Machine. I am amazed at this machine. It's a digital, computerized, push-button marvel! It even has the ability to sew fonts and simple pictures. The one thing is doesn't do is make my coffee for me! I have signed up for a class in order to really learn how to use it, since it is so powerful. I want to use that power! At the same time, it seems like it is more than I deserve. I'm truly grateful.

I'm linked up with Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Friday. Love being part of that community!
 
I hope you enjoyed reading about my progress, or lack thereof. I'd love to hear from you! What's happening in your sewing room?

3 comments:

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

I really like the second block you show. Very different . Nice job quilting.

Pamelyn's Postings said...

Thanks, Suzanne! It was a Craftsy class project. Time consuming but worth the effort!

Quiltin Jenny said...

Congrats on your Winding Ways finish. It is a beauty, and I think the corners are really special. Tell your hubby "good job!"

Looking forward to watching the progress on your apple core. I think it has the potential to be a WOW piece!