Monday, October 7, 2013

Coat Lining, Buttonholes, and a Surprise

I had someone ask me if I could set the lining of the back panel into a winter coat. The old one was wearing out. I can do that!

Linings are made of slippery, fraying fabrics. You know what that means? I got to use Sergio Fabrico! He is perfect for this sort of job!


The serged edges will keep everything nice and neat. And a piece of leftover fabric was a nice size for a matching scarf. 

I just envisioned that swatch as a useful accessory. That is an unexpected bonus to my customer. Can't wait to give it to her!

She also gave me a second request for 12 buttonholes across the top of a curtain panel. I can do that! 

So I overlapped the to edge, measured out where the holes needed to go and got the buttonhole attachment on Lacy. (That's my new machine's name, short for Legacy)

I have to admit, my new sewing machine was flawless at stitching these out. Very happy with the results. The most frightening part was cutting the slits in between the stitches! 

The right tools bring forth good results. What is your favorite tool in your sewing room?

1 comment:

Nrhaller said...

That lining is gorgeous. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.
Rae